Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel.
If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking "My Account" or "Submit Now" in the navigation menu.
Ovarinnovate: Ovarcome Research Excellence Award
Candidates are required to be a Fellow-in-Training member of the SGO to be eligible for this award. It is also highly recommended that they be a part of the Gynecologic Oncology Fellows Research Network (GOFRN). For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 2016 through grants from from the SGO and Ovarcome, the SGO Collaborative Fellow-In-Training Research Award and Ovarinnovate: Ovarcome Research Excellence Award focuses on promoting collaborative research efforts amongst gynecologic oncology fellows on a national level. Applicants will be encouraged to develop research proposals related to ovarian cancer that incorporate cooperation with colleagues from other institutions. Submissions addressing rare diseases, therapeutics, quality of life, patient-reported outcomes, education or palliative care are encouraged.
Up to two (2) awards will be funded to a maximum total of $10,000 each. Research proposal applications will require a detailed budget. The Foundation is a non-profit charity organization, and as such, does not pay indirect costs. Indirect costs are defined as expenses that benefit common activities such as utilities; existing IT equipment, maintenance and depreciation; insurance; administrative supplies and support; and other shared resources not directly attributable to a project. The application deadline is Nov. 27, 2017.
Application Policies / Guidelines
- The subject of the original research may include any clinical area related to the prevention and treatment of a certain gynecologic cancer.
- The research must be conducted in United States .
- Funding requests will be considered in any amount upto a maximum of $10,000 per year.
- All applications must be accompanied by a letter from the applicant’s PI/Department Chair or designee, certifying the institution’s or department’s support of the proposed research project.
- The recipient of the grant must submit a six (6)-month detailed progress report and an annual progress report to the Foundation within two (2) months after the end of the grant period.
- Grant awardees should be present to accept their award during the awards session of the SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer in March.
- The Foundation encourages grant awardees to submit an abstract on the results or findings of the grant project during the SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. If selected, abstract winners agree to be present at the Meeting to report the results of the grant project.
- Publications presenting work resulting from the grant support will acknowledge the grantor and contain the statement that the work was “funded by the Ovarcome from the Foundation for Women’s Cancer.”
- The Foundation will be notified of any abstracts, reports, manuscripts, or any other form of published information, e.g., electronic media, book chapters, videos, tapes, etc., that were supported in whole or inpart by this grant.
- Grant awardees give permission to use their likeness in photography for publications, promotional purposes, website, media press releases and coverage, and any other such purpose on behalf of the Ovarinnovate: Ovarcome Research Excellence Award grant program. No compensation in any form will be received for the use of the grant awardee’s likeness.
Application Documents / Deadline Documents
- Grant Award Acceptance Form Deadline
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Nov. 27, 2017.
- Budget: A maximum of $10,000 is available.
- The award is made payable to the institution or department listed on the application.
- Funds may be used for any reasonable purpose related to the accomplishment of the proposed project.
- Funds may not be used for institutional indirect costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): The applicant should include a CV with a listing of any past or present research support and all publications. The CV should not exceed four (4) pages.
- Research Plan (must include the following components):
- Project Title
- Background: A review of the scientific and/or clinical background and literature that illustrates the significance of the problem and methods to address it
- Primary and Secondary Aims
- Methods/Statistical Issues: This section should include discussion of research methods and procedures as well as analysis of statistical methods and sampling.
- Statement of collaboration (optional): If the grant project involves collaboration with others, a one (1)-page statement and abbreviated CV --(no more than six (6) pages)-- for the collaborator(s) should be provided.
The Foundation’s Research and Awards Committee will determine a winner based on previously stated criteria. The prize will be announced at the 2018 SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer® in New Orleans, LA.
The Foundation gratefully acknowledges the Ovarcome for their generous support of this award. This is the second year offered by Ovarcome.