Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel.
If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking "My Account" or "Submit Now" in the navigation menu.
Excellence in Ovarian Cancer Research Prize in honor of Ronald Alvarez, MD
This annual $5,000 prize will be given to an individual who can best demonstrate that he or she has been able to use their Foundation award to improve women’s health care by obtaining independent extramural funding, making important contributions to the literature, and/or developing programs that improved women’s health care, including early detection. This award is to the individual and not his or her institution.
Only past Foundation award winners qualify for this prize and should apply by completing the application. The deadline for applications is Nov. 26, 2018.
- Made important contributions to research improving the care of women with gynecologic cancer.
- Obtained significant independent extramural research funding.
- Made significant contributions to literature in the field.
- Developed programs that improved women’s health related to gynecologic cancer.
- Made a significant overall impact in the field of gynecologic cancer.
All applicants must:
- Demonstrate body of research and/or program building in gynecologic cancer, and outline, any application to rare gynecologic cancers, if relevant.
- Possess an academic appointment in the USA
- Hold either an MD, PhD or equivalent.
- Only past Foundation award winners qualify for this prize and should apply by completing the application.
Please Note: The award will be made to the individual rather than his/her institution. Individuals may apply for the prize, or nominators may propose potential candidates by completing the application.
The Foundation’s Research Grants and Award’s Committee will determine a winner based on previously stated criteria. The prize will be announced at the 2019 SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer® in Honolulu, HI.
The Foundation gratefully acknowledges the Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation for their generous support of this prize. This is the eighth prize supported by the Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation.